Virgin Media Price Increase due on 01/11/18 – ACT NOW! – time to change to a cheaper broadband supplier?
Virgin is to increase its prices for millions of broadband, phone and TV customers by an approximately 4.5%. However they have confirmed that all customers can leave penalty-free by providing notice within 30 days of receiving the notification.
The changes include price hikes of up to £48/year for those with broadband, phone and TV packages, or a rise of up to £36/year for broadband-only customers.
Price Increase Summary for Virgin Media Packages
- Broadband-only – up to £3/month
- Broadband and line rental – up to £3/month
- The Player bundle (b’band, phone + TV package) – by £3/month
- The Mix and Fun bundles (broadband, phone + TV package) – by £3.50/month
- The Full House bundle (broadband, phone + TV package) – by £4/month
- If you signed to to Virgin Media after 1st August 2018 then you will not see prices increase.
A Virgin spokesperson said: “Increasing prices is not a decision which we take lightly. We work hard to keep our prices competitive while continuing to invest in our network and improve the services we offer our customers. This year’s price increase is lower than last year while broadband usage on our network has increased by almost 40% in that time, with approximately 60% of total traffic now due to more streaming of video.”