BT Phone, Broadband, Sports Price Increase in April 2017
BT Price Increase Key Points:
- Broadband charges will rise by between 5% and 6% from 2 April 2017, BT said.
- Landline customers will see phone plans increase, and the cost of calls will go up by 1p a minute.
- TV subscribers will pay £3.50 a month for B.T. Sport, which has been free for broadband customers.
- Broadband up by £2 a month
- Super-fast Infinity broadband up by £2.50 a month
- British Telecom TV customers to start paying £3.50 a month for BT Sport (from next season)
- Anytime calls up by 49p to £8.99 a month
- Remember that loyalty is expensive – new customers only after all your custom!?
- Whether you’re locked in a deal, or currently on a rolling contract, Ofcom states that customers are allowed to leave early if a provider hikes a broadband, phone or mobile subscription mid-contract, providing the customer was not aware of the changes when they signed up.
- Ofcom is currently probing the line rental price increases. Changes could be proposed as part of their Market Review 2017, which is expected to publish its conclusions in September 2017.
- Sky have also announced price increases.